The Disciple-Making Parent
16 in stock
The Disciple-Making Parent: A Comprehensive Guidebook for Raising Your Children to Love and Follow Jesus Christ
Your children will either live forever with Jesus or apart from him. Too many growing up in Christian homes will not follow Christ as adults. Do you have a strategy for parenting in today’s hostile culture?
The Disciple-Making Parent will give you confidence in your journey.
In the Disciple-Making Parent you will learn: The North Star to Guide Your Parenting
- The Process Second-Generation Christians Go Through
- The Reasons Young People Walk Away from the Faith
- Nine Powerful Influences Found in Wise Families
- How Your Example Can Commend the Gospel
- What Your Children are Watching at Home
- How to Explain Hypocrisy to Them
- Why the Heart is the Most Important Part of Them (and How to Stay Connected
- How Discipline Prepares Them for the Gospel
- How To Clearly Explain the Gospel to Little Children
- How to Nourish Them with the Word of God
- Different Ways to Have Family Devotions (and When to Stop)
- How to Cast a Vision of the World
- How to Pray for Your Children (and for Yourself)
- The Doubts Your Children Will Experience and What You Can Do
- How to Deal with the Electronics and Media Tsunami And Much More
Chap Bettis is the author of The Disciple-Making Parent: Raising Your Children to Love and Follow Jesus Christ. He also is a frequent conference speaker and the executive director of The Apollos Project, a ministry devoted to helping parents disciple their children. For the previous 25 years, he was lead pastor in a New England church plant. He and his wife Sharon, have four adult children and reside in Rhode Island.
As a pastor in New England for the past 25 years, Chap understands both the word of God and the everyday issues of family life. In addition, Chap grew up in a Christian home and wrestled with questions about the faith. He also wrote The Donut Date Journal, Evangelism for the Tongue-Tied and The Fearless Apologetics Curriculum.
When he is not ministering the word, Chap likes cycling, skiing, reading, and checking out Providence restaurants with his wife. You can follow him on Twitter or Instagram @chapbettis or on his blog.
|6 × 9 × 0.75 in
We offer free shipping for orders with subtotals of $75 or greater. You’ll find shipping options and delivery dates at checkout. Please allow 7-10 business days for standard shipping, expedited shipping is available for an additional fee. Orders received after 12 p.m. CST on Fridays will not be processed until the following Monday. You can view our return policy here.
Our friendly specialists are here to help. Give us a call now or chat with us.