The Forgotten Commandment, based on God’s fifth Commandment to “Honor your father and your mother…” teaches how this command—full of hope and promise—may be one of the most profound in Scripture. Author Dennis Rainey shares his belief with readers that there are penetrating and unforeseen benefits that are inextricably linked to one’s obedience to this command:
- We could forge a deeper, more meaningful relationship with our parents by honoring them.
- God is honored and pleased when we honor our parents.
- Parents are just as desperate as their children are to receive approval and affirmation.
- The quality of life we experience today is directly tied to our obedience to this command.
- A part of our longing and quest to become an adult is connected with honoring our parents.
- Obeying this commandment is an important test of our relationship with God.
The book guides readers through a process that can bring healing and forgiveness, and provides practical help for how to write a tribute to parents to:
- express understanding, compassion, and forgiveness,
- live and love without regrets,
- and heal and strengthen relationships.
About the Author
is the president and CEO of FamilyLife® (a ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ) and a graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary. For more than thirty-five years, he has been speaking and writing on marriage and family issues. Since 1976, he has overseen the development of FamilyLife’s numerous outreaches, including the popular Weekend to
Remember® marriage getaway. He is also the daily host of the nationally syndicated radio program FamilyLife Today®. He and his wife, Barbara, reside in Little Rock, Arkansas, and have six adult children and numerous grandchildren.
is a senior editor at FamilyLife. He has written and edited numerous FamilyLife® resources, including Preparing for Marriage. He also writes and edits articles for FamilyLife®’s website. David and his wife, Merry, live in Little Rock, Arkansas.
About the Product
- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher:FamilyLife® Publishing (April, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN: 978-1-60200-677-5
- Product Dimensions: 6" x 9"
- Shipping Weight: N/A