You Can Be a Smart Stepmom
In today's complicated stepfamily, the stepmom often doesn't know where to turn for help. Let stepfamily expert Ron Deal and experienced stepmom Laura Petherbridge show you how to survive and thrive as a stepmom, including:
- How to be a positive influence on children who are torn between loyalty to their biological mom and to you.
- What to do when you feel ostracized, rejected, or lonely.
- When and how to step back during conflict and let your husband take the lead.
- How to handle holidays, adult stepchildren, between-home communication, and much more.
- Here is the hope, encouragement, and practical information to assure you that you are not alone in the stepmom journey.
"As a stepmom myself, I'm thrilled to find a solid resource that tackles the complex and multifaceted issues associated with being a stepmom."- Kim Alexis, supermodel, speaker, and author
"Finally, a book that is realistic and practical for stepmoms. I highly recommend this book."--Gary D. Chapman, bestselling author
About the Author
is Director of FamilyLife Blended at FamilyLife and President of SmartStepfamilies.com. He is a family ministry consultant and conducts marriage and family seminars around the country; he specializes in marriage and stepfamily enrichment.
He has extensive experience training pastors, ministry leaders, and counselors and has appeared on dozens of national radio and TV broadcasts in the US, Canada, and the UK. Ron is considered a leading voice in stepfamily education and ministry and in the prevention of redivorce. He and his wife, Nan, have been married since 1986 and have three boys. For more information visit RonDeal.org.
serves couples and single adults through her U.S. and international speaking opportunities. Laura is the stepmom to two sons whom she began parenting when they were 11 and 13. Laura has been a stepmom since she married her husband more than 25 years ago. Visit her Web site at
About the Product
- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Bethany House (October 1, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN: 978-0764207020
- Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 5.5 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces