The adoption of a child is always a joyous moment in the life of a family.
Some adoptions, though, present unique challenges. Welcoming these children into your family— and addressing their special needs— requires care, consideration, and compassion.
Written by two research psychologists specializing in adoption and attachment, The Connected Child will help you:
- Build bonds of affection and trust with your adopted child
- Effectively deal with any learning or behavioral disorders
- Discipline your child with love without making him or her feel threatened
About the Author
is the director at Texas Christian University's Institute of Child Development, which hosts the Adoption Project and its Hope Connection camp.
is the associate director of the Texas Christian University's Institute of Child Development and a professor in TCU's psychology department.
is an award-winning journalist.
About the Product
- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill (April 22, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN: 978-0071475006
- Product Dimensions: 8.9 x 5.9 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 13.6